Closing Date: 13th January 2017
Job Title: Executive and Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE, DL
Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE, DL – a Crossbench Peer, the Founder and Chairman of the Cobra Beer Partnership and Chancellor of the University of Birmingham is seeking a highly motivated Executive and Parliamentary Assistant. Working under Lord Bilimoria’ s Office Manager and Parliamentary Researcher and working alongside Lord Bilimoria’ s Personal Assistant and the wider Cobra team, the selected candidate will assist Lord Bilimoria with business, parliamentary, personal and charitable affairs.
- Manage Lord Bilimoria’s mailbox and respond to all correspondence
- Research and draft articles, opinion pieces and press releases
- Occasionally organising events in Parliament and assisting with tours
- Prepare presentations
- Manage Lord Bilimoria’s social media; twitter account, websites – lordbilimoria.co.uk and www.zoroastrianappg.com
The ideal applicant would have experience of:
working in Parliament
dealing with and processing a large amount of correspondence – email and written
dealing with media in print, radio and television.
Furthermore, applicants should possess:
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Outlook
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- A keen understanding of how Parliament works
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of the procedures and membership of the House of Lords
- Awareness of South Asian culture, politics and business practice
- University-level education
While it is not expected that selected candidates will be politically neutral, they must prevent their personal political views from interfering with Lord Bilimoria’s status as an Independent Crossbencher, and the duty of non-partisanship that such status entails.
Applicants may be contacted for interview before the closing date and we may appoint before the closing date.
Please submit a CV (no longer than two sides) and a cover letter (no longer than one side), both as PDF documents, to Lord Bilimoria’s Office Manager and Parliamentary Researcher, Monica Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mails must include the subject line “Executive and Parliamentary Assistant application”.
Please direct any further enquiries to Monica Sharma, via the e-mail address above. Note that not all queries can be answered before the deadline.
It may not be possible for us to contact candidates who we cannot invite for interview.