Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail – Cobra Beer’s Sales Director, are seeking a highly motivated Personal Assistant. Working alongside Lord Bilimoria’s Parliamentary Researcher and the Cobra Sales team, the selected candidate will assist Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail with parliamentary, business, personal and charitable affairs.
Key aspects of the new role are as follows;
- Monitoring a heavy load of incoming correspondence, ensuring that each item receives a prompt response
- Drafting most outgoing correspondence, often with specific input from Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail
- Managing two extremely busy diaries, making sure that all relevant details of upcoming engagements are readily available
- Regularly briefing Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail on upcoming diary engagements and ensuring that all necessary documents are to hand coordinating with the PR teams
- Prepare presentations where necessary
- Maintain and update the Customer Relations, Ethnic Restaurants database
- Maintaining an extensive filing system of correspondence, speeches, business papers…etc
- Making international and domestic travel arrangements
- Assisting with the management of charitable obligations
Furthermore, applicants should possess:
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Outlook
- A fast touch-typing speech, and the ability to keep up with dictation
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience as a Personal, Parliamentary or Executive Assistant
- Other experience in a high-level business executive and/or parliamentary setting
- Knowledge of the procedures and membership of the House of Lords and the Ethnic Restaurant Sector
- Awareness of South Asian culture, politics and business practice
- University-level education
- While it is not expected that selected candidates will be politically neutral, they must prevent their personal political views from interfering with Lord Bilimoria’s status as an Independent Crossbencher, and the duty of non-partisanship that such status entails
12 November 2013
Applicants may be contacted for interview before the closing date and we may appoint before the closing date.
How to apply
Please direct any further queries to Monica Sharma, Lord Bilimoria’s Researcher, via the email address above. Note that not all queries can be answered before the deadline.
It may not be possible for us to contact candidates who we cannot invite for interview.